Mindfulness and Stress Reduction Course
Adventure Therapies mindfulness and stress reduction course consists of eight/ ten weekly classes. This highly participatory, practical course presented by our trained instructors includes instruction on mindfulness meditation, stretching, mindful yoga,and guidance for enhancing awareness in everyday life.
Mindfulness is not something that you have to “get” or acquire. It is already within you- a deep internal resource available and patiently waiting to be released and used in the service of learning, growing , and healing. While the practices have been adapted from classical Buddhist meditation and yoga traditions, Adventure Therapies course is secular, scientifically-informed approach that operates in harmony with any belief system or spiritual background.
This course is for clients experiencing stress, having medical conditions, psychological distress, and those focusing on prevention and wellness.
Mindfulness Techniques Activities:
• Formal and informal mindfulness practice
• Group processes
• Mindful yoga
• Body scan
Clients benefit from this program by improving:
• Cope more effectively with both short and long term stress
• Greater peace, balance and enthusiasm for life
• Positive Risk Taking
• Expression/resolution of feelings
• Self esteem/confidence building
• Reduces fears and anxiety
• To find new comfort in feeling expression
• To experience vulnerability in a safe environment
• Lasting relief for physical and psychological distress
• To enjoy feelings of relaxation and comfort